Can you imagine your home without electricity?

This photo from Google Images for a family from Gaza suffering the electricity shortage.


You will spend your night on the light of a candle, afraid to sleep because if you do, you and your family may burn, your children will wake in the midnight crying due to dark. Basically, you will have no life, if you don't have electricity in your home.

Nothing is more painful than living under the line of poverty. I’m not lying to you when I say that the majority of Gaza citizens are poor. And when they ask for money, this is because they have been suffering for a long time and they have done all that they can to survive. But they’re still struggling. And this struggle seems not to end at all. I believe that no one in this world can endure Gaza life.

I'm not under the line of poverty; I can say that my life is very simple, and I love it, but at the same time, I can't endure the current problems I have in my life.

I engaged about year ago. As anyone's right, I have the right to have a family and a home; I'm building a home; you can say a very simple home; it cost me a lot of money but till this moment I can't finish it, why?

1- I live in the besieged Gaza Strip, so everything is so expensive.

2- I'm unemployed because there are no jobs or even chance to work in Gaza.

3- Israeli's taxes on everything is too hight.

4- Nothing is free.

5- No one helped me, but my father and some friends.


I think this is enough, to know the reasons of why I can't complete building my home.


This is not the main problem!

The main problem I face is that I don't have electricity in my home, why?
My disabled grandfather was one of those who expelled from his original village to become a refugee in Gaza Strip. That time, he and his family lived in a tent, then in a very simple home in Khanyounis camp south of the Gaza Strip.

Naturally, he and his father were under the line of poverty, so they couldn't be able to pay for the electricity.

In 2006, a huge amount of money "600,000 ILS'' must be paid, my father started paying to the electricity company; he could pay to this day about 400,000 ILS.

Nowadays, I went to the company to ask for legal electricity subscription services, they refused to provide me until I pay part of that huge amount, they told me that you have to pay 90,000 ILS; I told them that I can't do at this time; they told me you must pay any amount, at least 1000$, so you can have an electricity in your home.

Actually, I can't pay; I become depressed as I can't imagine my life without electricity.

I don't want to go back living the worst moment in my life, the 2008, 2012 and 2014 war.


What do I want?
I want to pay this amount to have electricity in my home. My wedding party is on 19-10-2019 and I don't start my new and happiest life without electricity.

I want you to donate me any amount, so I can pay these fees, then I will have a happy life.

Contributing to this will help me complete building my home and get married to the woman I’ve been engaged to for about a year.

I am literally in huge debt and I struggle and suffer on a daily basis to, at least, get the house where I can raise a family. This has never been my ultimate goal in this life, but being in such circumstances, I was forced to launch this fundraiser. Meanwhile, I’ll keep devoting my life to bring a better future not only for me but for all the oppressed Palestinians.

Thanks a lot

Donate me on my PayPal:

https://www.paypal.com/paypalme2/shammalabaha

Or contact me on my Whatsapp:

+972592867545


Love and respect from Gaza

Bahaa Shammala

These photos from my home:

0 Comments